Wedding Breakfast Playlist
If you have decided not to include live music throughout your wedding breakfast then you should consider creating a playlist which can be played as background music whilst your guests enjoy the delicious feast you have carefully chosen for them.
Background music will be the finishing touch to your wedding breakfast, pulling together each of your well laid plan, setting the ambience and getting your guests in the mood to relax, chat, enjoy delicious food and prepare themselves for the big party that awaits them.
When putting together your playlist selection consider the following points:
- Background music shouldn’t be dull and boring. Instead choose music that is inoffensive and is low enough to allow your guests to have a conversation over
- Consider including songs that you were unable to include in your ceremony, or any guests requests or family favourites that just aren’t quite right for your evening party
- Keep your selection in keeping with the style of wedding you are hosting as well as your venues style
- Your wedding breakfast would normally last 2 hours (depending on your guest numbers), but make your playlist slightly longer to allow for any delays
- Ensure your venue has the necessary equipment to play your playlist. Or, if you are hosting your wedding breakfast within a marquee or dry hire venue hire a small PA system to use
- Download your playlist to your device so you will not need to relay on Wifi or 4G service
- Put a responsible person in charge of your playlist and ask that they have it set up ready to play just before your guests are seated for wedding breakfast, pause it for speeches and restart it following speeches (to avoid any awkward silences)
Although song choices are a very personal choice it goes without saying there are a number of firm favourites which regularly appear on background music playlists, which I have shared below. And if you are in need of further inspiration take a look at my full Spotify playlist at the bottom of this post.
- Higher Love – James Vincent McMarrow
- Ordinary People – John Legend
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
- You’ve Got The Love – Florence + The Machine
- Can’t Take My Eyes Of You – Ms. Lauryn Hill
- Everywhere – Fleetwood Mac
- Ho Hey – The Lumineers
- Everything – Michael Buble
- Sugar – Maroon 5
- It I Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys
I really hope you have found this blog post helpful and that you now have lots of ideas for your playlist. If however you require further assistance or would like to chat about planning your wedding please do get in touch, it would be great to hear from you.
Image Credit: Terri & Lori Fine Art Photography & Film
Welcome to my Blog
With a keen eye for detail, organisational skills that are second to none and the love of a “to do” list it was inevitable that Hayley would become an events planner. She started her career within the legal profession and was a Personal Assistant for 14 years before training with the UKAWP to become a professional wedding and events planner and then going on to launch “Hayley Jayne Weddings & Events”.